Wednesday, August 19, 2009

and zombies?!!!

I spend too much of my life in book stores. I bought two books I've been visiting for a while today. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and Word Warriors: 35 women leaders in the spoken word revolution. I'm really excited about both of them. I'm also really excited about baking rainbow cupcakes tonight. I went to target and saw probably the most flamboyantly gay man i've ever seen out of drag. He made my heart all warm and fuzzy. :) Also, I went to abc and my friend got hit on very intensely by this old black man. It was very funny. He asked me my name, I lied. I said Miranda. Haha. I guess I'm miranda now. Neat. I've run out of things to talk about. My nails are too long to type right now. I'm going to go take care of that, and leave you with a daphne gottlieb poem.

watch your tense and case (http://www.daphnegottlieb.com/poems.html)

oh baby
i want to be your direct object.
you know, that is to say
i want to be on the other
side of all the verbs i know
you know how to use.

i've seen you conjugate:
i touch
you touched
you heard
she knows
who cares

i'm interested in
a few decent prepositions:
above, over, inside, atop,
below, around and
i'm sure there are more
right on the tip of
your tongue.

i am ready to spend
the present perfect
splitting your infinitive
there's an art to the way you
dangle your participle and

since we're being informal it's okay to
use a few contractions, like
wasn't (going to)
shouldn't (have)
and a conjunction:
but (did it anyway)

and i'm really really glad
you're not into dependent
clauses since all i'm really
interested in is your
bad, bad grammar
and your exclamation point.


No comments:

Post a Comment